- R.Kannan was once Mani Ratnam’s aide, which alone does not qualify to insert references to great movies in his film, whose names I would not be mentioning. Simply because those movies are to be revered, Vanthaan Vendran(VV) should be severed.
- Films can suffer from fatal faults in more than one department, many such films have been released and due to the tolerance of the audience even such films have been accepted. VV fails in almost everything.
- So much so that, even if the kindest of all human beings say Mother Theresa would have experienced considerable displeasure in the course of watching this film.
- It is also not one of those movies which are made on the narcisstic shoulders of heroes by psycho-fanatic directors, three fights/two foreign location songs/one kuthu song/one amma sentiment scene, where film ‘critics’ can make jokes such as: Story-what story?. VV is terribly boring you do not even open your mouth make jokes, even the usual ‘lovers’ crowd which are terribly enthusiastic in a bad film were silent.
- We cannot ask southie filmmakers to stop making films in Mumbai as it is called now, but please Mumbai=! Underworld dons congregation, and no they all do not speak Tamil.
- The songs are good, but only on FM.
- I hated the film, completely. I think it is my duty to warn others.
- Kannan previously remade Imitiaz Ali’s Jab We Met. I pray sincerely he does not go near Ali’s next. Even the trailer of Rockstar is better than VV.***
*** Ok so that was assuming that Rockstar is a tremendously better picture than VV, I think it will be and they cannot be compared.